At the beginning of the school year, I wrote a blog post about my goals fro the 2017-2018 school year. I began the year with attempting to keep an optimistic mindset, despite hearing the common opinion “junior year is the hardest” about a million times. Today I’m sharing a progress update to show y’all how I’m doing and hold myself accountable for the areas in which I’ve been slacking, that way I feel more motivated to get to work when I begin second semester on Monday! If you’re interested in reading the original goals post from September you can find it here! If you have yet to create goals for your school year, it’s not too late! You’re more than welcome to use today’s post as inspiration for your own goals for second semester. The original goals are in italics under their categories and my post-first semester responses regarding my progress follow each one in plain print. Enjoy!
- Complete the school year with all A’s and B’s. – So far I’ve had all A’s and two B’s! My two B’s at the end of first semester were both within two points of being A’s, which are better number grades than my B’s sophomore year!
- Be somewhat successful in AP Environmental Science (Science isn’t really my best subject. It’s not that I’m really bad at it, I just typically don’t perform as well in that subject as I do in my other classes). – My final grade in AP Environmental Science for first semester was an 88, which still isn’t quite as high as I’d like it to be, but it’s honestly higher than I expected it to be! My second quarter grade was actually an A, but unfortunately my first quarter grade was an 87 and my midterm exam wasn’t quite high enough to bring my average up to an A.
- Get a 100 on a test. – I have yet to get a 100 on a test, but I’ve had several A’s and even had a 99 on an essay!
- Make 4’s and 5’s on my three AP exams at the end of the year. – I haven’t taken the official AP exams yet, so I’m unable to gauge my success in this goal so far. However, I finished the semester with two A’s and one B in my AP classes!
- Attend as many preseason lacrosse practices as possible. – I attended all of the preseason lacrosse practices and conditioning workouts offered!
- Work out more. – I’m not even going to lie, I’ve done very little to work out outside of lacrosse conditioning and preseason practices. However, I’ve worked out a few times since the new year began and I plan on becoming more active in 2018!
- Play more in lacrosse games than I did last year. – The lacrosse season hasn’t begun yet so I’m currently unable to gauge my success in this goal.
- Make the varsity lacrosse team again. – The lacrosse season hasn’t begun yet so I’m currently unable to gauge my success in this goal.
- Score a goal during a varsity lacrosse game. – The lacrosse season hasn’t begun yet so I’m currently unable to gauge my success in this goal.
- Make lots of new middle school friends as a Wyldlife leader. – Check! I’ve loved leading Wyldlife thus far and have made a ton of middle school friends!
- Go to YoungLife club every week that I possibly can. – I haven’t missed a YoungLife club yet! Am I really surprised by this though? Nah.
- Feel refreshed after fall weekend at Windy Gap (a YoungLife camp in North Carolina). – This one was easy. I loved every second of fall weekend at Windy Gap (read my Windy Gap travel diary here), as I always do, and I can’t wait to return next fall!
- Read the Bible daily. – I hate to admit this but I really didn’t do a good job of keeping up with my Bible reading during first semester. However, this semester is off to a promising start as I’ve read at least a chapter everyday since January 1st! I definitely plan on making this goal last through second semester.
- Pray more often. – I’ve begun praying constantly. I talk to God all the time now and I think it has improved several areas of my life.
- Use my devotional daily. – I haven’t been using my devotional daily, but I hope to start doing that once second semester begins (here’s to getting up earlier and having extra time before school).
- Go to winter weekend with Wyldlife campers as a leader. – Winter weekend hasn’t happened yet, but I’m hoping to earn a spot leading in a cabin in February!
- Apply for a session of YoungLife Work Crew. – I have yet to apply for YoungLife Work Crew, but I have been in discussion with my YoungLife leaders about doing so and they’re going to guide me through the process this semester!
- Make five new friends (or at least acquaintances). – Thanks to my chatty AP U.S. History class and lovely yearbook staff members this goal has been accomplished and surpassed!
- Do something really fun one weekend with a friend(s). – I attended Music Midtown (read the recap post here) in September with a couple of my friends and we had so much fun. I will also be traveling to Charleston with a couple close friends in a couple weeks for a girls weekend to celebrate one of my best friends’ birthday!
- Post at least twice a week every week. – With the exception of two weeks, I have kept this goal up pretty well! I always posted at least once each week, but there were those two weeks that I just felt overwhelmed by writing another post along with my schoolwork and extracurriculars.
- Reach 20,000 total site views for 2017. – This goal was reached and surpassed, thanks to you all!
- Collaborate with a big brand. – Since the beginning of the school year I’ve collaborated with several small brands and spent another semester as a Jadelynn Brooke high school ambassador, but have yet to collaborate with another big brand.
- Host at least three giveaways. – So far I’ve already hosted two giveaways over on my Instagram, so I’d say this goal is going pretty well! Stay tuned for another exciting giveaway coming soon!
Thanks for reading! Here’s to accomplishing more goals in second semester.