For those of you who don’t know (probably most of you because I don’t know who actually keeps up with bloggers’ birthdays), today I’m seventeen! I’m so excited for all this year has in store and I know blogging will continue to play a big role in my life as I conquer this year of college applications (and acceptances and denials), AP classes, good memories, and the many “lasts” of high school. That being said, as much as I’ve overshared on my “Meet Faith” page (check it out here if you haven’t already!), there’s definitely still a lot you don’t know about me. Today, since it is my seventeenth birthday, I’m sharing seventeen things you didn’t already know about me! I hope this post helps you get a better sense of who I am. Enjoy!
- Yes, I’m from the South. No, I don’t like sweet tea!
- I’ve moved cities three times over the course of my life (so far).
- I love cats and mine, Hercules, is the sweetest.
- I have a serious issue waking up to alarm clocks. It’s not even that I hit snooze, it’s just that I don’t hear it if I’m remotely tired.
- I prefer big cities over small towns.
- I have a fish named James Pond II (the first one died and the name was just to good to avoid reusing, I mean come on).
- I want to go to college in Texas and major in journalism there.
- I think music is about feeling, and you can feel a song without words (hence my love for ODESZA’s instrumental tracks).
- I just began getting involved in YoungLife my freshman year of high school and have already been to YoungLife properties (camps) eight different times (for YoungLife fall weekends, YoungLife summer camp, Work Crew Weekends, Wyldlife winter weekend, and Wyldlife summer camp).
- I consider dark chocolate a food (not a dessert!) and it’s definitely my favorite.
- My favorite subject in school has been English as long as I can remember, and I like writing more than reading.
- My favorite Bible verse is John 10:10.
- I’ve seen Taylor Swift in concert three times and have an emotional attachment to her because her first big hits (“Picture to Burn” and “Our Song” especially) got my mom (and my little sister and I) through her divorce with my dad when I was six.
- My Chick-fil-A order is a #1 with no pickles on a multigrain bun (I swear the multigrain buns are way better).
- My biggest shopping weakness is definitely a cheap top (like under $20).
- I want to have a dog named Chanel as an adult.
- I would like to think I’m somewhat wise but I definitely have a younger personality (my jokes are all dumb and I fit in way too well with my eighth grade Wyldlife girls).
Thanks for reading! Can you relate to any of these? Tell me how we’re alike in the comments!