I’m Brooke from Live The Prep Life, and I’m so thrilled to be guest posting for Faith today! I’m currently fifteen years old, and I live in the amazing city of Dallas, Texas. In my free time, you can find me cooking, running, reading, and of course, blogging! I love to shop, so my blog is centered around fashion, with some elements of lifestyle and faith as well. My mission is to help girls put together affordable outfits that help them look good on the outside and feel good on the inside. I’m a big believer that the right outfit will give you confidence, which is so important in life! I’m not sure why, but over the past few months I’ve fallen in love with shoes, so that’s what today’s post is about! I’ve always just worn whatever shoes were inexpensive and versatile, but this year, I’ve started to notice that I always gravitate to the shoe department whenever I’m shopping. Today I’m sharing five shoes you need for summer!
1. Birkenstocks – Birkenstocks are far the most comfortable shoe you’ll ever own! They look so cute paired with some shorts and a tee shirt, but you can also dress them up with jeans and a nice top. They’re a bit pricey, but Steve Madden and Target make some similar dupes that are under $50. I personally have and love the Brando sandals by Steve Madden – they look just like real Birkenstocks and are just as comfortable, but they’re only $40!
2. Espadrilles – Easily one of the biggest shoe trends this summer, espadrilles are perfect for wearing out to dinner or on vacation – they look so cute with a dress or white jeans! For a dressier look, go for a wedge pair, but you can also keep things simple with an espadrille flatform. I don’t own any, but I have my eye on this pair and this pair.
3. Vans – A classic pair of Vans will be your go-to sneaker this summer! They come in so many cute colors, and are casual yet can still be paired with dressier outfits. Black Vans will go with everything, but I think fun colors like pink and blue are perfect for summer.
4. Slides – You always need a pair of casual slides or flip-flops for lounging around by the pool! Urban Outfitters has a great selection of slides; they’ve got Adidas, Vans, Nike, and more. Slides are pretty inexpensive, and like Birkenstocks, they’re so comfortable!
5. Jack Rogers – It’s definitely worth the investment to purchase a good pair of Jack Rogers for the summer. They’re such a versatile sandal and they last a lifetime! While their classic styles can be a bit pricey, they make a jelly sandal that’s only $50. I have and love it – it’s actually very comfortable, and goes with pretty much anything!
There are so many cute shoes for summer that it’s hard to pick just one or two pairs to purchase, but I hope this post gave you some inspiration for your summer wardrobe. Thanks for reading!