There are no words for how quickly July flew by. I spent the majority of July serving as a housekeeper on Work Crew at YoungLife’s Saranac Village (check back on Thursday for a post on Work Crew including a video!), then shortly after coming home I went on a weekend trip to North Carolina with my friend, and now I’m spending the final two days of the month at a yearbook workshop. As a result of the chaos contained by July, this month’s edition of “Five Favorites” includes a lot of things that have been critical to my month of service and travel. This is my sixth “Five Favorites” post, so if you’re interested in reading my favorites of January, February, March, May, and June you can check them out here, here, here, here, and here! Enjoy!
- Bath and Body Works Twilight Woods Fine Fragrance Mist – I’ve bought this body spray over and over again and I never tire of this scent! Having it while I was on Work Crew was a total lifesaver, it was perfect to freshen up in a short break between work and an event in which I didn’t have time to take a shower!
- Kendra Scott Danielle Gold Statement Earrings in White Pearl – I’ve had these gorgeous earrings for almost two years and I’ve always loved them, but I’ve especially loved using them to dress up my fancy night outfits while on Work Crew! They’re super versatile and add so much to an outfit.
- Voluspa Macaron Candle in Rose Petal Ice Cream – My sweet little sister bought this candle for me as a late birthday gift while we were in San Diego and I’m obsessed. I don’t even know how to describe how it smells, it just smells amazing! The gorgeous pink candle jar is an added bonus.
- Candy Cane Chapstick – This chapstick is my absolute favorite! It lasts for a pretty long time and the flavor’s a little sweeter than your typical peppermint!
- May Designs 40 Days of Prayer + Gratitude Journal – I’m going to be honest, prayer doesn’t come super naturally to me. In my time on Work Crew, I learned to turn to God in prayer with everything, and this journal played a big part in that! Writing down the things I want to pray for as well as the things I’m thankful for has really helped me get into a habit of constant prayer and reminds me of all the blessings of the day, even when it feels like a bad one. After my YoungLife leader gave me this journal as a birthday gift, I waited to start it on day zero of Work Crew (arrival day) and am almost finished with it! I absolutely recommend this journal no matter where you are in life right now but I think it’s an especially awesome tool to have while on Work Crew!
Thanks for reading!
My blog contains affiliate links, meaning I may earn commission from your purchase of the products mentioned.