Today’s the day – I’m moving into college! I’m so excited to begin this new chapter of my life and I couldn’t be any more confident that the Lord wants me right here at Baylor. I can’t wait to see what He has planned for me! Today I’m sharing a post that will hold me accountable and be so fun to look back on at the end of the year – my goals for freshman year Baylor! I know I want to strive for success academically, spiritually, and socially in my first year of college and I’m hoping these goals will help me to do just that. Maybe these goals will inspire you to make some goals for yourself this school year, or just give you a better idea of who I am and what I’m after.
- Maintain all As and Bs in all of my classes.
- Never sleep through a class (my earliest class is at 9:30am so hopefully this won’t be too hard).
- Cultivate positive and healthy student-professor relationships.
- Pass all of my exams.
- Have my efforts in the class reflect not only in my grades, but in what I’m really learning. I want to actually soak in the material.
(It should be noted that I don’t really know what to expect in college classes so these academic goals might be vague or silly because I don’t really know what’s realistic)
- Become more consistent in having a daily quiet time with God, including Scripture reading, devotionals, and prayer (I do this often now but I want to be better about doing it every single day).
- Start to live in a constant state of prayer – remember that God is never unavailable or far away.
- Find a community of believers who want to actively pursue Christ and will support me in my own faith.
- Find a church home in Waco.
- Get involved in ministries on campus (including but definitely not limited to YoungLife).
- Be present in chapel – not only in the literal for the purpose of meeting attendance requirements, but also attentive to learn and grow in my own faith.
- Find a group of people I’m comfortable with and feel like I’m accepted by.
- Become friends with girls on my hall.
- Make at least one friend in each of my classes.
- Go to a concert or out of town with new friends.
Thanks for reading!