I always share nice, polished looks with y’all, but that’s obviously not what I wear all summer. Most of the time I’m wearing a size large tee shirt and athletic shorts, but when I go downtown or hang out with friends I like to dress up a little bit more. Today I’m sharing a realistic casual summer outfit! This look is super simple but dressed up with little details like statement earrings and a dainty necklace. Enjoy!
In my brief time in Texas back in June, my sweet and stylish Aunt Jennifer handed down this adorable Anthropologie top to me. Unfortunately I was unable to find anything all that similar under $200 on the Anthropologie website, but I linked a cute white tank with colorful embroidery from Target below (plus it’s under $20)! I paired the top with a simple pair of Old Navy shorts for a casual summer look that’s realistic for me in the South Carolina heat! These fun pink tassel earrings were a birthday gift (but the friend who gave them to me told me she got them at Oops Co., so if you live near one in SC definitely go pick up a pair) and I think they match the embroidery so well! The rest of my jewelry was just the basic stuff I keep on my wrists and around my neck all summer. My Kendra Scott Elisa necklace matches everything! I received the Freestyle Shark watch for my birthday and I’ve hardly taken it off since, it’s so cute and convenient! I can always be spotted with an assortment of friendship bracelets in the summer (I made the big colorful one with a middle schooler at Southwind and now we have matching friendship bracelets!), but my current favorite is the cute little beaded “FAITH” bracelet! Caitlin from Moodz & Vibes recently reached out to me on Instagram and sent me this adorable bracelet and I love how dainty it is! Moodz & Vibes makes custom bracelets, chokers, anklets, and buttons, so definitely go check them out here! I love wearing my gold Jack Rogers sandals in the summer, so I threw them on to complete the look.
Thanks for reading!
I received the bracelet from Moodz & Vibes in exchange for promotion on my blog and Instagram. However, all opinions are honest and my own. I don’t feature products I don’t truly love! My blog contains affiliate links, meaning I may earn commission from your purchase of the products mentioned.
Hi friends! I’m Olivia, and I’m here to take over A Pocketful of Faith this week while Faith is away doing big things on Work Crew at YoungLife camp! I run a fashion and lifestyle blog, Absolutely Olivia (@absolutelyolivia on Instagram), where I share everything from upcoming trends and style challenges to activism and what’s going on in my mind. Feel free to come on down to my corner of the Internet anytime!
Since it’s summer, it’s hard to go anywhere without seeing people in white shorts. It’s easy to go for a more basic look when styling these shorts, but I’m here today to show you two quick ways to take your white shorts from a basic to a bomb outfit piece! Here we go!
All White Everything
First, I’m going to share my newfound, favorite way to style white shorts; white on white! I’ve always seen people rock this style, but never thought to try it myself. Now that I have, I want everyone and their mother to try this look, including you! My biggest tip for wearing white on white is to vary the hues of white a little bit. If you’re shorts are pure white, go for a slightly off-white top or vice versa. Aside from that, I’d say you’re good to go out and do your thing!
The second way to up your white shorts game is to style them with a monochromatic look on top. Me being me, I chose the color red and layered it to the max for a stand-out style. Creating a look like this one is pretty quick and self-explanatory but can make you look put together and fashion-forward. Bonus points if you wear shoes to match the monochrome colors on top!
Well, there you have it: two ways to take your basic white shorts to a bomb outfit piece! I hope you all enjoyed this post and were inspired to try some new styles. Leave a comment below letting Faith and I know how you wear your white shorts, and feel free to ask any questions! Thanks so much for reading!
Hi Faith’s readers! For those of you who haven’t noticed already, Faith is being her sweet self and serving on Work Crew at a YoungLife camp right now! So hello, I’m Cayleigh, from the blog and Instagram CNPrepster, it’s a pleasure to meet you! This is my week to post on Faith’s Instagram and blog while she is away for the month and I’m so excited to get to know y’all! Just to give you a quick rundown on my life, I’m a fashion and lifestyle blogger, a rising junior in high school, and I run cross country and track. I’ve known Faith for quite some time and we’ve recently become pretty close blogger pals. I’m so grateful Faith thought of me to guest post on her blog while she’s gone for the month! The first post that came to mind for me to write was a classic Faith post, an outfit inspired by Faith! I’ve always admired the way Faith was able to pull pieces from her wardrobe to replicate another social media influencer (see her “An Outfit Inspired by…” posts here) so I knew I had to try it! Enjoy!
Faith usually gives background on the people she creates outfits of, so I thought it would be fitting if I did the same. Faith, a seventeen year old rising senior in high school, started her fashion and lifestyle blog and Instagram in 2015. Three years, a name change (from A Pocketful of Prep to A Pocketful of Faith), and over 4,300 Instagram followers later, Faith resides in South Carolina. Outside of her blog and Instagram she works, plays varsity lacrosse for her high school, and is an active participant in a Christian group called YoungLife. On Faith’s Instagram, @apocketfuloffaith, she shares pictures of her outfits, travels, Christianity, and friends. I would describe Faith’s style as trendy and chic, and no outfit complete without a ton of accessories.
When putting together this look I knew I had to stray away from patterns and reach towards a more simple solid top. I went for a favorite of mine from a local boutique, this purple bell sleeve off the shoulder top! I paired this look with a classic pair of white skinny jeans from American Eagle. Although Faith doesn’t own this pair of Birkenstocks herself, I paired them with my look to replicate a pair of her sandals. My favorite part of all of Faith’s outfits are the jewelry! She is always wearing a fun statement earrings so for my look I’m wearing my Kendra Scott Elle earrings, which Faith has in the larger size. I’m also wearing a dainty gold monogram necklace from Etsy, watch from Charming Charlie, and two bracelets; one from Lily and Laura and the other from Altar’d State.
To further the outfit replication I even used Faith’s go-to poses from this blog post to make it even more similar! I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it! You can check out more posts from me as I post on Faith’s Instagram the rest of the week and on my blog and Instagram!
Happy Fourth of July! As I’m prewriting this, I’m already so excited to be spending this holiday with what will soon be some of my closest friends serving on Work Crew at YoungLife’s Saranac Village. However, I am a little sad I’ll be missing the cute festive outfits! Today I’m sharing a fun and patriotic ensemble I’d love to sport today if I was in a less causal setting on the fourth like I usually am at home. Enjoy!
I ordered this J.Crew Factory tank almost a year ago and I’ve loved wearing it since I got it! The embroidery on the straps and fringe on the hemlines are such nice details! I don’t own a ton of red and I love how bright the red hue of this top is. I paired the red top with some navy polka dotted white J.Crew chino shorts. I also picked these shorts up last summer, but the polka dots are absolutely darling and I don’t see my frequent wearing of these shorts slowing down anytime soon. As for shoes, I opted for my gold Jack Rogers sandals for a simple and classic finish. I accessorized with white mother of pearl Kendra Scott jewelry, my Kate Spade watch, and some simple bracelets and rings.
Thanks for reading!
My blog contains affiliate links, meaning I may earn commission from your purchase of the products mentioned.
The summer solstice just began on the 21st, which means summer’s officially upon us! I’ve grown to love summer style for the fun sandals, bright colors, and unique necklines and lengths that don’t comply with my school’s dress code that I abide by in all the other seasons. Today I’m sharing my summer wishlist, which is a list of pieces I’d love to get my hands on this season if I was made of money. If you’re interested in checking out my previous seasonal wishlists, you can find them here! Enjoy!
- Gap Denim Mini Skirt in Distressed White – I’ve been looking for a distressed white skirt and this one is just perfect! The crisp white shade and distressing placement are spot on.
- SheIn Striped Tiered Ruffle Hem Smock Skirt – Ruffles, stripes, and smocking are three of this summer’s biggest trends, so is it any surprise that I have major heart eyes for this skirt? This skirt would be so fun to style and the price is perfect.
- Steve Madden Rachel Sandal in Rose Gold – Platforms and rose gold are two huge trends this season, so this pair of sandals is a no-brainer! I think these would be so cute with a white denim skirt and nice top for a vacation dinner, but could also easily be worn with jeans and a graphic tee!
- Madewell Mara Hoffman Bikini in Peach Multi (top here, bottoms here) – If you ask me, this could easily be one of the cutest and most overpriced non-luxury brand swimsuits of the season. I’m not usually one for high wasted bikini bottoms, but this silhouette combined with the thin bandeau is so sleek. I’m also obsessing over the print, how pretty are those pastel tones?
- Zara Plaid Ruffled Shorts in Blue/White – These shorts are to die for! Gingham has been so in over the past few summers and the darling ruffle hem on these shorts would spice up any outfit. How cute would these be with a white tank and espadrilles?
- J.Crew Tie-Waist Tiered Tank Top in Faded Lavender – I don’t have a lot of purple in my closet and think this tank would be a great start! I adore the peplum and tie details almost as much as I love the lavender.
- Madewell Curve Statement Earrings in Candy Pink – These earrings are so funky and cool! The shape is so unique but the stud structure would make them easy and likely somewhat comfortable to wear.
- Kendra Scott Kristen Gold Statement Earrings In Pink Agate – The way these earrings combine real stones and tassels is so cool to me! These would be such a fun way to spice up an outfit with a pop of pink!
- Madewell Halliday Sunglasses in Milky Pearl – The shape of these sunglasses is so cute and I think the color combination would make them so versatile! I find the off-white frames to be so chic.
- Converse x Chiara Ferragni One Star Platform Low Top in Gold/Glacier Blue/White – Y’all know how much I’ve been loving the chic sneakers trend, and even though I already have a pair of gold high top Converse sneakers I’m dying to get my hands on a pair of these glittery platform Converses! The glitter and star detail remind me of the trendy but over $400 Golden Goose sneakers.
Thanks for reading!